Norman G. Lincoln Scholarship
Ohio Lodge of ResearchThe Grand Lodge of Ohio, Free and Accepted Masons
The Norman G. Lincoln Scholarship, provided by the Ohio Lodge of Research of the Grand Lodge of Ohio, Free and Accepted Masons is to assist high school graduates in the pursuit of knowledge. The recipient of the scholarship may apply the funds toward tuition, room, board, textbooks, and/or related academic expenses at accredited colleges or vocational/technical schools within the United States.
A candidate’s past academic performance, involvement in the community, demonstrated leadership, financial need, and dedication to education will be given consideration during evaluation for the award.
Scholarship Amount: $1000
Number of Available 2024 Scholarships: 2
The Norman G. Lincoln Scholarship, by the Ohio Lodge of Research, is renewable to include funds up to four (4) years. The final year of renewal eligibility coincides with graduation from the program even if the recipient has received the scholarship less than four years. The full application must be submitted by the candidate for review by the selection committee in the first year. The renewal application for subsequent years will consist of the following: the student must maintain a GPA of 3.5, provide a transcript to the committee, and write a letter to the committee describing progress toward, or changes in, educational goals.
For consideration, completed applications must be received no later than March 1, 2024.
All applicants will be informed of scholarship status no later than July 1, 2024.
Norman G. Lincoln Scholarship Requirements
- Be a legal resident of the State of Ohio.
- Be at least 16 but not more than 25 years of age at the time of application
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in undergraduate studies at an accredited trade school or an accredited college or university within the U.S during the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Have a minimum High School GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale if not currently attending college or trade school (electronic copy of transcript to be included).
- Have a minimum College GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale if currently attending college or trade school (electronic copy of transcript to be included).
- Arrange to have two (2) letters of recommendation sent electronically to the committee by the author of the letter.
- Include a copy of the first page of the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Include a transcript showing the most recent cumulative GPA.
- Complete the OLR Scholarship Agreement
- Complete all components of the Scholarship application in full and submit to the Ohio Lodge of Research Scholarship Committee as a single pdf file.(Letters of Recommendation are not required to be included in this document.)
Submit the completed application as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Application Submission.”
If you have any questions about the scholarship or application, go to Scholarship Questions to see if your question has already been answered.